Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bean at the Space Opera


Bean (superimposed over a grey background for some kind of bizarre artistic effect) eyes the new paphiopedilum with suspicion.  Maybe she likes the name?  Paph. Concobell 'Space Opera' x Paph. Conco-bellatulum 'Hirashi.'  Who doesn't like a space opera?  I purchased this one from the good people at the Orchid Inn in Bloomington Illinois at the Omaha Orchid Show last weekend.  The Orchid Inn website notes: "Complex Conco-bellatulum breeding!  Yellow with bold spots!"  I think that means that it has Paph. bellatulum and Paph. concolor as species ancestors.  It's terribly cute.  Not as cute as Bean, but still.

I don't know much more about it, so I'll have Bean research the species involved in the breeding.  Until then, I'll just treat it like my other paphiopedilums and I'll make sure Griffin stays away. 

1 comment:

gaby said...

Wow, that is absolute gorgeousness. Off to listen to old Bowie for some reason...