Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Importance of Labels

I have a few plants in my outdoor garden that I can't completely identify because I lost the garden markers.  Is that peach-colored daylily 'Morning Sunrise?'  'Peach Surprise?' 'Peachy Delight?'


Embarking on the orchid journey, I vowed not to repeat my mistakes.  Frowine's Orchids for Dummies devotes three pages (37-39) to the advantages and disadvantages of various label markers.  I'm following his advice to have a separate list of my collection.  I'm using that document to create typed labels that I'm taping to pots.  A few have smudged with watering, but it's been easy enough to replace the labels.

This got me thinking -- maybe I should I should label the kitties so I don't lose track of them.  Here's what I came up with:




 
 

No comments: