Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cats and Catts and Katniss

Katniss at Planet Comic Con
I attended Planet Comic Con this weekend and had a fabulous time. I saw question-answer sessions with Billy Dee Williams, Edward James Olmos, and various X-Men creators. The costumed conventioneers represented classic comics, video games, TV series, and films. Many costumes looked like they involved hours of time and yards and yards of fabric. In fact, I'm a little familiar with the process. But my favorite was this girl doing a perfect Katniss Everdeen. Her costume had the right mix of old and new. I saw The Hunger Games Friday morning, so I might be a little biased. (I loved the movie, but I recommend you read the book first.)

Natalie, Robin Thorsen, and Brian
The absolute highlight of the convention was seeing Robin Thorsen from The Guild. She and Amy Okuda (Tinkerballa) seemed genuinely cool. I like the whole cast but, between me and you, Clara is, like, 70 to 80% of why I watch the show. Robin Thorsen also shined in an episode of Parks and Recreation. I'm not very good at meeting famous people, but Robin was so nice! And so pretty! It made my day when she complimented my footwear (blue canvas sneakers with white pinstripes from H&M, if you're wondering). 

 

2 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

FUN!
Love the Hunger Games books. I'm nervous to see the movie. Plus I would have to get a babysitter, so it kind of becomes a production. Did you see this quick article by Matthew Yglesias on the believability of Panem's economy?

It is freaky exciting that you got to meet Clara! It's good to hear that she was so cool! What crazy fun!

CatsandCatts said...

Thanks for the article! Don't fear the Hunger Games movie. They didn't screw it up.