Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November Trio

Upstairs, Lan Lan has a better spot for sunning, but don't tell these three weirdos.  November brings us ever-shortening days, so you have to take advantage of the sunshine while you can (wrapping yourself up in the drape is purely optional).

The days are shortening, but there's a lot going on in the Cats and Catts house.  I bought a four-gallon sprayer that's made watering the plants much easier.  I saw the beginnings of a bloom spike on my Phal. Nobby's Amy, and B. Little Stars is showing signs of action. 


Outside, I'm making preparations for the big winter shutdown: tree trimming, composting leaves, and  mulching the daylily garden.  Garden work in November is a little dreary because the air is thinner and snow season feels immanent.  On the plus side, I don't have to use bug spray.


There's more to come in November, so visit us soon!

No comments: