Thursday, March 24, 2011

Separation Anxiety

My limited experience with orchid shows has taught me a few things. First of all, as Dalton from Roadhouse would say, "expect the unexpected." Orchid damage is the biggest fear, so I've packed them with utmost care. The Paph. was easy enough, but the Phal. needed elaborate consideration. I could have used more pillow stuffing, I think. 

These two spent last weekend in Springfield Missouri and are headed to Omaha this weekend. Expecting the unexpected, I didn't know what to think, but both did really well in Springfield. Our society exhibit also rocked.


I wasn't there to see our exhibit, the show, my plants, or the competition, so I had some separation anxiety. I knew they were in expert hands but I was still relieved to hear that they didn't spontaneously immolate or something. Wish them luck in Omaha!

No comments: